Pulled Pork Sandwich
Yield: 6 - 12 servings
Prep: 7 hours | Cook: 1 hours
Total Time: 8 hours
- 1 ea Boneless Pork butt (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 2 Tbsps Garlic powder
- 2 Tbsps Onion powder
- 2 Tbsps Fennel Seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 Tbsps Black pepper, toasted and ground
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly. Rub the mixture into the meat.
2. Place the entire pork butt onto a foil lined baking pan with 2 cups of water and cover for 2 hours. After the two hours, reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more hours basting the meat every hour with the cooking liquid. Be prepared that there will be steam when you peel back the foil.
3. Carefully remove the meat from the oven. To test whether the meat is done, stick a fork into the meatiest side (versus the top) of the pork butt and the fork should easily twist. If there is a lot of resistance, continue to cook covered for an additional hour. Once the meat is fully cooked, allow to rest for about 30 to 45 minutes in it’s cooking liquid. Then shred the meat. A portion of the meat can be mixed with a small amount of cooking liquid- cooking liquid may be salty therefore add sparingly!To Serve:
Serve Shredded Pulled Pork on your favorite Roll or Baguette with a fresh Cabbage Slaw or favorite condiments such as Mustard, BBQ Sauce, Pickles and/or Butter.